Pinterest

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Alphabet Fun

Tonight’s project isn’t really a craft, but it’s something I quickly (and cheaply) threw together for Ms. Hannah to play with. She is three (and starts two-day preschool next week – how did that happen?!) and she is constantly asking how to write certain words and names. She knows all of her uppercase letters but hasn’t really done much with lowercase, so I thought I’d make her this cute little project to help her recognize each letter.

Found this idea through Pinterest (of course) on the blog From Kindergarten with Love and though I’d give it a whirl.

I already had some spoons in my pantry and vinyl in my craft supplies. I quickly ‘measured’ (eyeballed) how much space I had to put a letters on a spoon and then used my Silhouette Cameo to print out the alphabet in lower and uppercase on vinyl. I put the uppercase on the white spoon and then put the lowercase on the clear spoon. The bottom letters show through, so she can match up the uppercase with the lowercase.



The project didn’t cost a thing and seriously took me 10 minutes to make. The longest part was trying to line up each letter on the tiny spoon. Hoping Hannah will love the new little game I made her!


Has anyone out there created a learning game like this for their kiddos? I’d love for you to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment