Pinterest

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

How to Make a Candy Bouquet




The hubby recently became a partner at work and they just made the big announcement to all the staff. We had known about it for quite a while, but they were announcing it to others for the first time last week, so I thought I would try and whip up something special for him to celebrate. I knew I didn't want to go with something traditional like a nameplate for his desk, and he's not really a flowers kind of guy - he would have said I bought them for myself.  ;)   I had seen those fruit and candy bouquets before and thought I'd give it a whirl. 

I stopped by our local Dollar General and grabbed a ton of candy in varying sizes and shapes. I didn't really know how I was going to set it up, so I bought a lot of candy (and didn't end up even using half of it).


I also grabbed an insulated cup from the summer clearance section (always a win) to use as the base. 

At first, I thought I could use some straws I had lying around (in photo above) and hot glue the straws to the candy. Wrong! The straws weren't strong enough to hold the candy up. I started looking around my craft area (aka craft mess) and saw some popsicle sticks that Hannah and I had left over from one of our many crafting adventures. Those worked much better and held the candy upright nicely.


He loves the little butterscotch candies, so I wanted to use those as the filler to keep the candy standing upright. 


I just tried to arrange the candy in a way that was pleasing to the eye. No real strategy. 


I had the shredded green paper left from a basket we received at Christmas last year. Not sure what it is called - but it looked good and added some nice color and texture.


I added the little suckers to the front to give it some more 'depth'.

And that's it!  Very easy and the hubby loved it! And it only cost a few dollars! 
I will definitely do this again! 


Anyone out there ever made a candy bouquet?  If so, please share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment