Pinterest

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Personalized Wedding Tile

I've had my Silhouette Cameo since before Christmastime...Black Friday to be exact. I have to admit I didn't even use it for about three months. THREE MONTHS.  Some of my Silhouette Group friends on Facebook would cringe upon hearing that.  

The machine was supposed to be able to do all these cool things, but I was just too nervous - it was kind of intimidating. When I finally got up the courage to use it, I cut a few things and then let it sit there collecting dust for a little while again. However, since May, I have used it for quite a few things (both personal and gifts) and finally feel like I am getting the hang of it. 

Last month I made this tile for my in-laws for their wedding anniversary.



I thought it was nice and classy, and the perfect way to branch out from really only using the Cameo to cut cardstock.  

Well, the in-laws LOVED it.  And they couldn't believe that I had made it myself. And on top of that, they wanted me to make one for a gift for a wedding they are attending in September. I happily agreed, as I would love to someday have a small side business and make personalized gifts like this. Gotta start somewhere, right?

So, here's what I came up with for the future bride and groom.


I learned something new after attempting to cut the image on the above left.  I either cannot figure out how to cut such intricate details with the Cameo or my machine cannot cut them at all.  That is still up in the air. My guess is user error.  ;)

Let's just say the vinyl was pulled off the tile as quickly as it was put on there.  Weeding the vinyl was awful and there were a ton of air bubbles. It was a hot mess. So I scrapped it.  I hate wasting vinyl, so I better learn all the tricks to this machine quickly.

After a little research online, I applied an offset and re-cut.  This time it came out much better.


Sorry - I didn't get a photo of the cut vinyl pre-transfer tape. 


A little more intricate and detailed than the one for my in-laws. I love the Regal font because it comes with all of those flourishes around the letter.
 

These tiles can be found at any local hardware/building supply store, and make a nice, personalized gift for any couple. 

So, there ya go. My first 'job' making something on the Cameo!  What do ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment