Pinterest

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

IKEA Recycling Bins (& Silhouette Vinyl Labels)

Earlier this spring, the hubs and I drove to Denver for a little mini-vacation to celebrate our five-year wedding anniversary.  Plans included a Rockies Game, Zac Brown Band at Red Rocks (bucket list item), sampling local brews, visiting some family and friends...and a trip to IKEA! 


(Us at a Red Rocks. It was rainy and freezing outside!)

I'd dreamed of amazing trips to IKEA ever since I started following the blog I Heart Organizing three years ago. We made a quick stop back in January 2012 while watching our K-State Wildcats play in the Cotton Bowl down in Dallas, TX. I bought a few things but we couldn't fit much in my little Chevy Malibu car. 

Flash forward to 2013 and our trip to Denver in my Acadia...an SUV that could hold plenty of purchases...


(I could have fit a lot more in the car!)

I didn't go CRAZY, but I did purchase a few things to help us get organized at the new house. One of the things I was most excited about getting was the Sortera Recycling Boxes. I'm having trouble finding them on their website - I think they may have been discontinued. :(



Here in rural Kansas we just have monthly recycling drop-off, so we have to keep a month's worth built up in our garage. I put them to use right away, and they worked great to keep everything organized and sorted, but they needed a little something to make sure they stayed organized and served their purpose.

Insert my silhouette.  :)   

I used some pretty green vinyl that came with my Silhouette Cameo Vinyl Starter Kit.  I used a recycling symbol I had used on a previous design project and quickly whipped up this:



Labels always make things better!  See! Even the garage can be beautiful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment